You’ve written a book, and you’ve queried the agents and publishers.
But do your queries meet with rejection after rejection? Or worse, you don’t hear back at all.
When that happened to me I wondered:
- Was my query poorly written?
- Is my story boring?
- Is my writing lousy?
So I revised my story and submitted again to new markets.
Have you found yourself in this same situation? Revising and submitting, but still getting rejection letters in your inbox? At best, it’s frustrating. At its worst, you consider giving up.
If you don’t know why your writing gets rejected, you don’t know where to focus your efforts for improvement.
I can help, with one-on-one coaching. We’ll start with a phone call (or email) to discuss your goals and make sure we are a good fit for each other—that’s as important in finding the right editor as it is in finding a doctor.
After we begin, I’ll spend time reading your work and marking your manuscript with comments and edits. You’ll receive feedback on your manuscript via email and each week we’ll meet for a 1-hour coaching session to discuss that week’s work.
I’m passionate about helping other writers in their journey to publication because for over 15 years, fear and doubt about my abilities kept me from even trying to be a writer. I don’t want that to happen to others.
In addition to one-on-one coaching, I offer
- editing (with a focus on developmental editing), I don’t just edit, I teach along the way
- proofreading, and
- manuscript critiques.
I began freelance writing in 2006. Prior to that I worked for Focus on the Family as a copywriter and account manager for their in-house ad agency.
A few of my freelance clients have included CrossRiver Media Group (both as editor and proofreader), Angus Journal, Cathrine Ulrich Brakefield (author), and Dr. Joseph Friedman (author).
Freelance Editorial Credits:
- That’s My God, by Cindi Lombardo, November 2016, IBG Publishing
- Wilted Dandelions, by Catherine Ulrich Brakefield, CrossRiver Media, May 2015, Awarded Christian Small Publisher Book of the Year 2016, Honorable Mention Eric Hoffer Book Award 2016
- Seeking Sophie, by Melody Balthaser, CrossRiver Media, September 2014, editor
- Yossel the Dreamer, by Dr. Joseph Friedman, September 2013, co-editor
- Where Hope Starts, by Angela D. Meyer, CrossRiver Media, September 2013
- This I Know, by Toby Holsinger, CrossRiver Media, October 2013, editor. Awarded Christian Small Publisher Book of the Year 2014.
- Editor and publisher of Glory and Strength, a webzine that ministered to those in crisis or healing from crisis (Mar 2009-Jan 2013).
- Lifecapades: Revelations of Generations, Booklocker, 2010, co-editor
- Abba’s Promise: 33 Stories of God’s Pledge to Provide, CrossRiver Media, November 2016
- Working with an Editor (Book 1 of the Writer’s Workshop series), releasing soon
- Carried by Grace: A Guide for Mothers of Sexual Abuse Victims, a revised and expanded edition of Help! My Husband has Sexually Abused our Daughter. CrossRiver Media, January 2015.
- Mystery on Maple Hill, a short story e-book available at Amazon and Smashwords
- 2014 Penned From the Heart, Son-Rise Publications, November 2013, Contributor, “Finch or Serpent?”
- Miracles and Moments of Grace: Inspiring Stories of Survival, Leafwood Publishers, September 2014 . Contributor, “The Babysitter’s Story”
- The Benefit Package, CrossRiver Media, 2012. Contributor, “What the Locust Have Eaten” and “The Letter.” This book was a Christian Small Publishers Association nominee for Book of the Year 2013.
- Lifecapades: Revelations of the Generations, Booklocker, 2010. Co-editor and contributor “Chocolate-Covered Cherries”
- Help! My Husband Has Sexually Abused Our Daughter: A Devotional Guide for Mothers of Victims, Booklocker, 2007. (Out of print)
- Gateway of Hope, “Not Even the Tiniest Inkling“
- Book Marketing Tools blog, “Are you forgetting this vital step in your book marketing plan?“
- The Vision, “Run the Rapids with Joy”
- CBN.com, “In the Sand Trap”
- Live, “Not What, But Why”
- Susie, “Helping a Friend Who’s Been Sexually Abused”
- On Course online, “Reclaim Your Life and Confidence After Sexual Abuse”
- The Dabbling Mum, “Writing Sales Copy That Wins Customers” and “Networking Lands Paid Writing Gig”
- Josephine and Sunny magazines
- Writers’ newsletters
- And guest blogger.
I am the mother of three adult children (each born in a different decade and different state) and two grandchildren. I am a Marine Corps veteran, widely traveled, and lived in Europe for four years. All my life experiences help me to be a better coach and editor so I can help you make your book the best it can be.
I am a graduate of the Jerry B. Jenkins Christian Writers Guild Apprentice program and CLASSeminar.
To learn more about how I can help you reach your dream of publication, visit my Prices page, which includes a contact form.