I’m passionate about helping other writers in their journey to publication because for over 15 years, fear and doubt about my abilities kept me from even trying to be a writer. I don’t want that to happen to others.
I began freelance writing in 2006. Prior to that I worked for Focus on the Family as a junior copywriter and account/project manager for their in-house ad agency. In 2010, I began freelance editing, and in June 2014, I became an editor for CrossRiver Media.
Freelance Editorial Credits:
- That’s My God, by Cindi Lombardo, November 2016, IBG Publishing
- Wilted Dandelions, by Catherine Ulrich Brakefield, CrossRiver Media, May 2015, Awarded Christian Small Publisher Book of the Year 2016, Honorable Mention Eric Hoffer Book Award 2016
- Seeking Sophie, by Melody Balthaser, CrossRiver Media, September 2014, editor
- Yossel the Dreamer, by Dr. Joseph Friedman, September 2013, co-editor
- Where Hope Starts, by Angela D. Meyer, CrossRiver Media, September 2013
- This I Know, by Toby Holsinger, CrossRiver Media, October 2013, editor. Awarded Christian Small Publisher Book of the Year 2014.
- Editor and publisher of Glory and Strength, a webzine that ministered to those in crisis or healing from crisis (Mar 2009-Jan 2013).
- Lifecapades: Revelations of Generations, Booklocker, 2010, co-editor
- Abba’s Promise: 33 Stories of God’s Pledge to Provide, CrossRiver Media, November 2016
- 7 Cheat Sheets to Cut Editing Costs (Book 1 of the Writer’s Workshop series), releasing soon
- Carried by Grace: A Guide for Mothers of Sexual Abuse Victims, a revised and expanded edition of Help! My Husband has Sexually Abused our Daughter. CrossRiver Media, January 2015.
- Mystery on Maple Hill, a short story e-book available at Amazon and Smashwords
- 2014 Penned From the Heart, Son-Rise Publications, November 2013, Contributor, “Finch or Serpent?”
- Miracles and Moments of Grace: Inspiring Stories of Survival, Leafwood Publishers, September 2014 . Contributor, “The Babysitter’s Story”
- The Benefit Package, CrossRiver Media, 2012. Contributor, “What the Locust Have Eaten” and “The Letter.” This book was a Christian Small Publishers Association nominee for Book of the Year 2013.
- Lifecapades: Revelations of the Generations, Booklocker, 2010. Co-editor and contributor “Chocolate-Covered Cherries”
- Help! My Husband Has Sexually Abused Our Daughter: A Devotional Guide for Mothers of Victims, Booklocker, 2007. (Out of print)
- Gateway of Hope, “Not Even the Tiniest Inkling“
- Book Marketing Tools blog, “Are you forgetting this vital step in your book marketing plan?“
- The Vision, “Run the Rapids with Joy”
- CBN.com, “In the Sand Trap”
- Live, “Not What, But Why”
- Susie, “Helping a Friend Who’s Been Sexually Abused”
- On Course online, “Reclaim Your Life and Confidence After Sexual Abuse”
- The Dabbling Mum, “Writing Sales Copy That Wins Customers” and “Networking Lands Paid Writing Gig”
- Josephine and Sunny magazines
- Writers’ newsletters
- And guest blogger.
I am the mother of three adult children (each born in a different decade and different state) and two grandchildren. I am a Marine Corps veteran, widely traveled, and lived in Europe for four years. All my life experiences help me to be a better coach and editor so I can help you make your book the best it can be.
I am a graduate of the Jerry B. Jenkins Christian Writers Guild Apprentice program and CLASSeminar, and am a member of the Christian PEN.
To learn more about how I can help you reach your dream of publication, visit my Prices page, which includes a contact form.